Parksville Qualicum Macintosh Users Group Society
Good News for Macintosh* Users in Oceanside!
Here is the full meeting list for the 2017/2019 season. Lots of great presentations to come, including one on avoiding internet scams, iCloud Photos Library, Facebook for beginners, and our ever-popular panel Q&A. Note the 3 Wednesdays, on which we could not secure the space due to conflict with the School Board and / or City Hall.
Here’s our schedule to June 2018. Note the few Wednesdays we had to book to accommodate the School Board or City Hall.
Tuesday Sep 12
Tuesday Oct 10
Wednesday Nov 15
Tuesday Dec 12
Tuesday Jan 9
Tuesday Feb 13
Wednesday Mar 14
Wednesday April 11
Wednesday May 9
Tuesday June 12
Did you think you were the only one who used a Macintosh in Parksville or Qualicum Beach area? Think again! Why else do those MacLife and MacWorld magazines disappear so quickly from the Save On Foods magazine rack?! Take heart – there are more of us than you know!
Who Are We?
The Parksville/Qualicum Macintosh Users Group is a friendly group of people who are interested in Macintosh computers and Apple IOS devices (iPhones and iPads). Some of us know little or nothing about Macintosh, and may not even own a computer. Some of us know quite a lot, but we are all here to share our ideas and knowledge, and to provide support for one another.
Purposes of the Group
The purposes of our group are:
- •to provide a forum for Mac and IOS Device Users
- •to share problem-solving tips and techniques
- •to co-operate with other Mac User Groups
- •to liaise with other sources of computer information
- •to provide assistance to fellow members wherever possible
- •to demonstrate new products
- •to educate the public about the Apple Macintosh, or similar computer, and related computer products
Why use Macintosh? Those of us who are dedicated Macintosh users already know the answer. For those who don’t, here are just a few of the many reasons.
- ◦extremely stable. Mac users hardly ever experience crashes or freezes
- ◦amazingly easy to learn, and very user-friendly (See http://www.apple.com/easier/for lots of specific examples)
- ◦able to run the same popular programs that most people run on other systems: MS Word, Excel, Photoshop, and many more
- ◦forward thinking. The people at Apple don’t just follow trends – they make them! Look at the radical design of the new iMac shown below as just one example:
We meet once a month on the second Tuesday of the month, at the Forum Room, Malaspina College.(100 Jensen Ave E, Parksville). Meetings start at 7:00 pm and usually finish up around 9:00 pm.
Meetings are intended to be informative. We often have demonstrations of new hardware or software; frequently there are presentations, with helpful tips, and lots of time for informal discussions with other members. Guests and new members are always more than welcome!
We are a non-profit organization, but there are expenses involved in renting a hall, printing pamphlets, and so forth. Our annual memberships are very affordable:
Phone: (250) 240-3564